Kosharnyy Valeriy Pavlovich, Doctor of philosophy, professor, head of sub-department of philosophy, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The sociological heritage of the Russian silver century and post-revolutionary expatriate community is an integral part of Russian intellectual history. Of special interest here is a topic of the revolution and philosophical-sociological understanding of revolutionary events in Russia. The subject of the article is philosophy and sociology of revolution of an outstanding Russian philosopher and sociologist I. A. Ilyin. The article is aimed at revealing main contents and methodological approaches of the thinker to solving the problem of revolution.
Materials and methods. The research tasks were implemented on the basis of I. A. Ilyin’s works, works by soviet, Russian and foreign author, devoted to the subject under considertation. The methodology included the comparative-historical method allowing to display I. A. Ilyin’s originality of philosophical and sociological views on the problem of revolution.
Results. The article reveals theoretical sources of I. A. Ilyin’s sociology and philosophy of revolution, comprehends its content, displays the diverse nature of the thinker’s conception.
Conclusions. By analyzing sociological and historical-philosophical sources, the researcher concludes that the given topical summary of the Russian thought allows to speak about an original view on the nature of the Russian revolution and ways of development of sociopolitical and economic processes in the country.
Russian revolution, metaphysics of revolution, science of revolutions, nature of revolution, spiritual crisis, revolution of spirit, overcoming revolution.
1. Kosharnyy V. P. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshche¬stvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2015, no. 1 (33), pp. 163–184.
2. Poltoratskiy N. Ivan Aleksandrovich Il'in. Zhizn', trudy, mirovozzrenie [Ivan Alexandrovich Ilyin. Life, works, world outlook]. Tenafli; New York, 1989, pp. 135–137.
3. Il'in I. A. Nashi zadachi. Stat'i 1948–1954 gg. [Our objectives. Articles 1948–1954]. Paris: Izd-vo Russkogo Obshche-Voinskogo Soyuza, 1956, vol. 1, 346 p.; vol. 2, 337 p.
4. Il'in I. Russkiy kolokol. Zhurnal volevoy idei [The Russian bell. The journal of resolute idea]. 1927, no. 1, pp. 30–32.
5. Russkiy kolokol. Zhurnal volevoy idei [The Russian bell. The journal of resolute idea]. 1927, no. 2, pp. 3–4.
6. Gadzhiev K. S. Voprosy filosofii [Problems of philosophy]. 1992, no. 2, pp. 3–25.
7. Khoruzhiy S. S. Religiozno-filosofskie sochineniya. T. 1 [Religious and philosophical works. Vol. 1]. Moscow: Renessans, 1992, 325 p.
8. Il'in I. A. O soprotivlenii zlu siloyu [On counteracting evil with force]. 2th ed. London: Zarya, 1975, 279 p.
9. Poltoratskiy N. P. O soprotivlenii zlu siloyu [On counteracting evil with force]. P. 223–279.
10. Gavryushin N. K. Voprosy filosofii [Problems of philosophy]. 1992, no. 4, p. 81.